How to Create a Selfie Question
The Selfie question does exactly what it sounds like. It allows users to upload their selfies in a survey. Users also get the freedom to either share a selfie or simply upload an image from their system.
This question is helpful, especially in a corporate scenario where the management could survey its employees for job satisfaction. The employees can choose to share selfies or upload their pictures in the survey. Another scenario is a company seeking employee feedback about a corporate event using an internal survey. The management can request employees to share their selfies at the end of the survey.
Benefits of the Selfie question in a survey:
- Add a personal touch to the survey
- Increase engagement
This is how a selfie question can look like in a survey:
Step 1. Click 'More' on the left-hand side panel to access more question types and then click 'Selfie' question type to add it to your survey.
Step 2. Follow the instructions in the screenshot below to customize the ‘Selfie’ question.
1. By default, the question reads, ‘Take a selfie.’ You can edit it to suit your preference.
2. Under ‘Advanced,’ you can apply branching using the ‘Jump To’ dropdown. It allows you to decide how the survey proceeds after the survey taker has responded to this question. You can choose to go to the next page, a particular question, or submit the survey.
3. Enable ‘Upload Photo’ if you want to allow the survey takers to upload their pictures as an alternative to taking selfies.
4. Upload an image for this question.
5. Make this question mandatory for survey takers.
6. Hide this question from survey takers. A hidden question is only visible to you.
7. When you’re done customizing the question, you can preview to see how it would appear to your survey takers.
Click ‘Snap It’ to take a selfie or go back to the question.
Once a survey taker has clicked their picture, they have the option to retake or edit the picture before submitting it.
The edit option enables you to rotate the image left or right. You can even customize the dimensions by stretching the image. Reset if you don’t like the changes. Once you’re done, click Save to submit.